FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING LAW
Alliancemtg.com does Business in Accordance With The Federal Fair Housing Law and all applicable statutes.
The office of Fair housing and Equal opportunity governs Federal laws and formulates national policies. OFHEO also applies Fair Housing Act and various others acts like Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the age of Discrimination Act of 1975 among other things. It works to create equal opportunity for all Americans that prohibits discrimination based on race, color and age.
In Mortgage Lending: No one may take any of the following actions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (disability):
- Refuse to make a mortgage loan based on race , color or age.
- Refuse to provide information regarding loans and loan products to everyone.
- Impose different terms or conditions on a loan, such as different interest rates, points, or fees thereby discriminating borrowers.
- Discriminate in appraising property and the valuations which may result in denial of loans
- Refuse to purchase a loan or mortgage based on any preferences of race, color and age.
- Set different terms or conditions for purchasing a loan than would have been for a given borrower due to discriminatory practices.
(The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988)
It is Illegal to Discriminate Against Any Person Because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin
- In the sale or rental of housing or residential lots
- In advertising the sale or rental of housing
- In the financing of housing
- In the provision of real estate brokerage services
- In the appraisal of housing
- Blockbusting is also illegal
Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against may file a complaint of housing discrimination:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Washington, D.C. 20410